Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to document my joys, frustrations, unique finds and general information pertaining to my experiences playing World of Warcraft.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I Did It All For The Nookie

Okay, actually for the fun, mounts, and loot.  And now, that part of my WoW playing is over.

I let my guild know last night that I'm done with raiding, at least for now.  I have been trying to work up enthusiasm for it, but I have gotten to the point that I dread raid night.

Oh, the guild I'm in on Terenas is fine.  We were starting to get a smooth flow going, learning each others play styles and adapting so we could finally down bosses and move on to the next raid.

And we only raid once per week, so it wasn't even a horrendous raiding schedule.

I'm just at a point in WoW where I want to enjoy the rest of the game.  I don't want to HAVE to play or feel like I'm letting people down if I don't play.  And I don't want a laundry list of things I have to get done before raid night.

Maybe it's because I spent the last year before joining The Lurkers solo.  Maybe I just got too used to playing on my own time and at my own pace.

Maybe I just got burned out raiding in WotLK and early Cata.

I think it's more than that, though.  I think the shock I felt when Cata hit, and all my hard work getting Hearthyn pretty well geared in WotLK was for nothing, well, it made me realize that it was all pointless.

It was fun, but it WAS pointless.  And after that guild fell apart, well, there went the fun, too.

I still love the game.  I still want to play.  I want to explore pet battles and farm and fish and finish the story lines that have been fascinating and downright hysterical.  I want to get more achievements.

And if I do get an urge to raid, I offered to sub once in awhile.  Plus, there's always LFR.  Lesser gear, yes, but not really by that much.

Besides, by the time I spend hours studying fights and reading up on monk healing techniques, whispers of the next expansion will have started.  And when it drops, the process of gearing, etc., will begin all over again.

Maybe by then I'll want to raid.

Happy Gaming! (Whatever part you like best)

No comments:

Post a Comment