Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to document my joys, frustrations, unique finds and general information pertaining to my experiences playing World of Warcraft.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Getting Back To Raiding

I raided with my new guild on Terenas Wednesday, and I have to say, I felt like a fish out of water.

This was my second guild raid, and 3rd raid since last August.  That's right, after raiding almost every week for 2 years, I went down to 3 raids in one year.

I didn't realize how much I need practice.  And how much I need to review fights.

When I was raiding regularly, I almost always researched the fights.  I went to Tankspot, did searches on Youtube, watched videos and read strategies so I would at least know my role in the fight.  And I would do this for heroic modes, too, in case we tried them.

Well, we tried them last week.  A lot of them.  And I kept dying.  And I kept standing where I shouldn't.  Once or twice, I caused a wipe.

I felt like a noob.

And so, I decided I had better not show up again without a clue.

Which is why I did the raids on Hearthyn.

In LFR.

That counts as research, right?

Okay.  FINE.  I'll study up on them.  It just seems kinda pointless this close to Mists.  Or maybe I really hate Cata this much.  But if that's the case, wouldn't I be GLAD we're finally killing Deathwing?

Am I the only one that thinks it's sad that you can do a whole end game raid in about 45 minutes in LFR?  A PUG RAID?  Why the hell should I study for a raid if it's that easy?

There, that is my problem.  THAT is why I hate Cataclysm.  I love your game, Blizzard, it's still beautiful, has a rich story, and so much to do, but for the love of Elune, why are you dumbing it down to mind-numbing stupidity?  If a MONKEY can do it, why the hell should I???  For purples???!!??  That I can now transmog to look like anything I want?  I feel like I now have a nelf Barbie doll, playing dress up, and while that is FUN, this isn't a ZYNGA game!

You know, it's funny.  I had no idea all of this was going to come out when I sat down to write today.

I miss WoW.  I miss boss fights that took a good leader, good playing, and common sense TEAMWORK!  I miss not being handed everything and actually having to WORK for achievements, gear, levels, etc.

I miss when this actually was a challenge.

Don't get me wrong.  I am happy that more people are getting to experience the raiding portion of WoW.

I just think Blizzard could give us a little more credit.  I don't think people would just quit and not continue to use LFR if they had to work a little harder at it.  Yes, people quit it all the time, now.  But I see a lot more learning, helping and using teamwork, too.  I see a lot of people waiting patiently for the last spots to fill.  I see some name calling, but it so far has been minimal or when someone really failed over and over.

And for 25 people who have never worked together before, and who come from different servers, different countries, and different backgrounds, that is a beautiful thing.

Happy Raiding!

No comments:

Post a Comment