Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to document my joys, frustrations, unique finds and general information pertaining to my experiences playing World of Warcraft.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Of Hairdos, Spectral Gryphons, and Syphilis...

First, let me reassure you:  None of my characters have Syphilis.  Phew!  

This post is going to be chock full of information you may or may not need, starting with a guide to leveling in...

SILITHUS

My boyfriend is leveling his mage in Silithus.  And yes, he keeps calling it "Syphilis".  Ew.

So, to help him and maybe some of you out, here are a few helpful tips for leveling in SIL-ih-thus.

First, it's SIL-ih-thus, not syphilis.  Silithus is a leveling area in southwestern Kalimdor that is known for its desert landscape, swarms of silithids (insect-like creatures that operate as a hive), silithyst gas in great demand by both the Horde and Alliance, and for having the entryways into the level 60 raids of both the Temple of and Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj.

Syphilis, on the other hand, is, well...you can look that up here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syphilis

Both Horde and Alliance have pvp quests for silithyst gas.  It can be found anywhere in Silithus, and looks like this:



When you click on one of the silithyst geysers, you have to run it back to your respective camp (Horde or Alliance) and deposit it in a gas chamber.  You cannot mount or you will drop it.  You can pick it back up if you drop it, though.

Questing is pretty much the same as any zone since Cataclysm came out:  there's pretty good continuity, with one quest leading into another.

One last point I should make.  The main neutral town in Silithus is called Cenarion Hold, NOT Centurion Hold.

Now, on to better things.

Every once in awhile, I mourn the loss of my very first level-capped toon, my original death knight, Dirathnar.  I had a picture of her, but I can't seem to find it.

So, in honor of her sacrifice for my former guild (I brought my death knight with maxed, at the time, jewel crafting and the Travelers Tundra Mammoth from Aerie Peak over to Korgath and deleted Dirathnar, rather than paying the transfer fee twice), I gave Hearthyn her facial markings:


One last thing, if you are like me and never fully read instructions, here's how to get your Spectral Gryphon after resurrecting your friend.  Go to your account, click on your game, click on "Referrals and Rewards" at the bottom, click on "Scroll of Resurrection", and when it comes up, click on "Claim Mount".  Pick which character, and make sure that character is logged off.  When you log back in, you will have mail!

And here is the mount:


Whew!  I think that about covers it for today.

Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment