Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to document my joys, frustrations, unique finds and general information pertaining to my experiences playing World of Warcraft.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Thanks, Blog Azeroth!

I feel so ashamed.  I haven't gotten a notice from Blog Azeroth in weeks, so I thought they discontinued the whole "Blog of the Week" feature.  Thank you to everyone who stopped by!

And for the rest of you, I'm sure you have been wondering where in Azeroth I have been the last month or so.  Well, frankly, SWTOR.  I pre-ordered and got started early.  And even with pre-ordering, my Sith Inquisitor is only level 21 right now.  Work kept me hopping over the holidays.  Here's my Sith Sith:



I love her mohawk.

Now, don't worry, I haven't completely abandoned Hearthyn and Ravyyn and Zalok and Diralei, etc.  I am not done with the world of Azeroth yet.

But when I was, oh, 10 maybe?  My parents took me and my brothers to the drive-in.  (Movie theaters were sometimes outdoors on huge screens back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.)  And there, on the big screen, for it's second showing at theaters, we watched the wonder that was Star Wars, before it became Episode 4.  Luke and Leia and Han Solo, all bigger than life, in a story so epically and beautifully told.

I've been hooked ever since.

So naturally, when I learned of Star Wars: The Old Republic coming out as an MMORPG, well, I had to try it.

I have to say this:  I have tried Everquest, Luvinia, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, and several other MMO's.  WoW is the only one that kept my interest until now.  SWTOR is, well, pretty freaking cool.  After all, my Inquisitor shoots lightning from her hands, gets her own spaceship and gets to play with lightsabers.  In my book, the only thing that tops that is getting to fly on dragons.

So yes, I will be returning to World of Warcraft.  Eventually.

Happy New Year!

10 comments:

  1. Not to worry, many of us are trying out swtor (myself included).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried out SWTOR, but lots of my friends are trying it out and loving it. Some are already leaving WoW for it. I want to try it, but I've never been into Star Wars. LOVE the movies, but I cannot get into the games.

    Aww Drive-ins! I miss those! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Combining gaming
    And science fiction universe
    A true nerd indeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess its cool that you're enjoying that other MMO. I know I'm kinda bored of WoW right now. I would've tried SWTOR if my laptop could handle another MMO in its storage, but it can't so I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought SWTOR for my boyfriend as a Christmas presents and made a toon in his account as well, and it's fun. He's really enjoying it but I love WoW too much to just stop playing and leave it for something else xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is season of change and some people are moving on to the battle fronts of space, a war among the stars. While some folk like the robots and mechanical vehicles, Goblins and Gnomes excluded, for fighting there is something special about fantasy magic and might(oh wait wrong game).

    Sincerely glad that you are enjoying time as a Sith with so many others. I hear the Shamans are petitioning Bioware over the lighting out of the hands coolness factor. Shame they did not have the awesome factor before the Jedi and their Horde, I mean Darkside, counterparts.

    Looking forward to seeing more people come back to Azeroth, until then the flightpath wait times are thankfully shorter. Off to go see what the secret message of LFR means.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you are enjoying a new game for a little while. I'll probably give SW:ToR a try whenever BioWare gets around to making the Mac client they announced a few days ago. Until then, Azeroth it is for me.

    I'm looking forward to playing both a little bit in the future and enjoying them both for what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW is really the only game I've played. With my Blog it's actually reinvigorated my interest in the game as I try and highlight some of the more fun things in the game.

    At the moment I'm coming up to the middle of the 'Through Your Interface' challenge and it's been a lot of fun.

    Good to see you're enjoying another game though and haven't quite abandoned WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like Cymre, WoW is the only game that I've ever played, to the point that it's my only real claim to the title "gamer". Hope you're enjoying SWTOR and it doesn't totally kill your WoW buzz! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi :) Cool first blog for the year :P:)

    ReplyDelete