Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to document my joys, frustrations, unique finds and general information pertaining to my experiences playing World of Warcraft.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

WTF?

I did a rare thing this weekend.  I ended up with Sunday and Monday off, not Monday and Tuesday as normal, and, well...

I didn't log into WoW.  Not once.

This is a first for me.  In fact, it's a first in the 3 years since I started playing.  Usually every waking moment I do NOT have to spend cleaning (stop laughing, I at least do the dishes and laundry!), working, running errands, paying bills, etc. for the last three years has usually been filled with World of Warcraft.  I have six 85's to prove it, too.  And a Kingslayer title on my main, Hearthyn.  And 6/7 normal in Firelands.

So, what did I do this weekend?  Well, I rediscovered movies.  I actually struck up a conversation with my boyfriend, Mark.  I even walked outside, in sunlight and everything, and went OUT for a whole day! 

I rarely even checked in with Facebook or Google+.  In other words, other than checking emails from my new smartphone, I basically UNPLUGGED for the weekend. 

I call it Shannon Unplugged. 

And I have to say, it was WONDERFUL! 

But I miss WoW.  I miss my rogue I'm leveling.  I miss raiding, and work isn't going to let me do much of that any time soon.

Oh, yeah...

and I bought Plants vs Zombies for Android.  (Who wants to really unplug anyway, right?  And yes, I have the WoW Armory app, too!)

Have a great week, and don't forget to unplug now and then.  Even if it's only a little bit.

3 comments:

  1. Gotta get that 10min of sun-light a day! But we do have windows (the kind you open) ... great technology there =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels good doesn't it? I missed it for the first week or so since I let my sub go out. But now, I don't think I'll ever be playing again. Since no WoW, I had some rediscovering's of my own. Xbox 360 games (games, plural), Discovery Channel, a few movies (not much of a movie watcher anymore), outdoors, no wrist aches from constant mouse use, no back aches (couch is much more comfortable for gaming), friends and family. And the biggest, never feeling like I need to log on to get something done. The games I play no longer control whether I have to play them or not at any time, I now control what and when I play. Plus when I play, I get to play right away, no logging on and spending 20-30 minutes going through all my auctions or flying around doing nothing but farming and repeating daily quests from a few days before. I've actually broke free finally. I won't be coming back to WoW, or any other MMO again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uriah, yes. I love windows!

    And NiteWolf: I don't want to go that far with it yet, I still love the game. It just can't be the priority it once was. Of course, I don't have small children or dogs at home anymore, and less mobility with the fibromyalgia, so I don't have some of the considerations you're talking about. It was nice to unplug for a couple of days though. And tell your wife I said hi!

    ReplyDelete