Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to document my joys, frustrations, unique finds and general information pertaining to my experiences playing World of Warcraft.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Leveling

My day now consists of A) getting up at 4am;  B)  learning about products and packages until 2pm;  C)  coming home and passing out before starting it all up again.

I am working 6 days to get my 40 hours in, too.  The joys of the J O B. hehe

So, as soon as my weekend started mid-Saturday, I decided to level my rogue.   This is my rogue, Ravyyn:




Now, I have six 85's already.  I have NOT been doing my Hyjal dailies even on my main.  I just can't seem to get into them--they are repetitious and boring, imho.  Also, I am trying to get this blog back to being "My World of Whoa" and not "My World of Woe"... 

Seriously, the ganking situation may have improved, but I decided I really do not want my mornings muddied with expletives and generalized faction slander, followed by the hurling of some various object, usually my headset. 

So I started leveling my rogue, in between Plants vs Zombies.  Plants vs Zombies has become my new comfort.  When I only have a few minutes, or seriously little patience for playing mains on a pvp server, I hit PvZ instead.

But I digress.  I started leveling my rogue, and I got her from level 52 to level 61 between Saturday afternoon and Sunday night. Yay!

I had her in combat spec to begin with.  I believe I had switched from her assassination spec to add talent points and had just left her in it.  I was doing about 220 dps according to recount, and she was usually dead last for dps in the few randoms I did.  This was Saturday.

Sunday, after several levels, I decided to add the talents in assassination and play her in that spec awhile, to get used to the rotation and set up my bars again, etc. 

WHOA!  What a difference a spec makes!  Now, I know I went up past 60, but I was still only doing @ 220 dps in combat.  I started doing anywhere from 380 to 450 dps in assassination--that's right, double what I was doing in combat with her.  So, I either am not doing things right in combat, or at this level assassination simply rocks.

It's probably me.  I'm a druid at heart.

Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is but, assassination spec while leveling seems faster than sub or combat, although it keeps getting looked over ^_^ grats on leveling :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, I believe someone told me that, and I just got lazy about switching specs. Then I quit playing her for awhile and forgot about it. Lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete