Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to document my joys, frustrations, unique finds and general information pertaining to my experiences playing World of Warcraft.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Ugly Shoulders

I have been missing raiding a lot lately, so when an excellent raid leader from my old guild asked last weekend if I wanted to raid Firelands sometime soon, I said yes this time.

Since leaving both of my recent raiding guilds, I have only been on one trash farm run since 4.2 dropped.  I didn't even step inside the instance until last week.  I have been dealing with real life, my boyfriend's vacation, and trying to level my Smolderthorn characters.  I told myself I was happy saving 3-500 gold per night by NOT raiding.

I lied.  I love raiding.  I miss raiding

I got to raid tonight.  We got Shannox, Lord Rhyolith, and Beth'tilac down, and got several good attempts at Baleroc in before calling it a night.

I have to say, Baleroc is an interesting fight from a healing standpoint, especially for a druid.  In fact, Baleroc hates me.  What do you mean I can't use my hots first?  Spam nourish, regrowth or healing touch only?  It goes against my nature as a resto druid.  It took a couple of tries, but I finally got the hang of letting my stacks build before switching to the tanks.  I look forward to trying to perfect my healing strategy tomorrow night.  Tank Spot has excellent videos explaining the boss fights, too.  Thank you Lore and Aliena!

I also got 3 new pieces of gear:  the cloak that requires Avengers of Hyjal friendly, Incendic Chestguard from Lord Rhyolith, and some BOE shoulders, the Flickering Shoulderpads of the Undertow.  Can these shoulders get any uglier???

Here are my old shoulders:



I never thought I would miss their "moulting" feature, until I got these:



Lanterns?  Or is that fire-wood?  I mean, WTF???  To quote Darnell, "Really Blizz?!!  Really?"

Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

  1. I hate when gear is ugly. Maybe you will get something better and prettier in future raids.

    ReplyDelete