Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to document my joys, frustrations, unique finds and general information pertaining to my experiences playing World of Warcraft.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Circle of Healing?

Saunder over at Non Squishy Heals is starting the Circle of Healing up again.  Apparently another blogger used to do this, one that I unfortunately am NOT familiar with. Miss Medicina hasn't posted since December of last year.

Anyway, I read his post, and decided to join in.  Below are the questions and my answers.  I just don't know who to forward it to.  Whoa!  Can't complete the circle?

Oh, well, here goes:

1. What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer? Hearthyn, Restoration Druid

2. What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans) 10-man raiding, as well as some 25-man raids.

3. What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why? Wild Growth.  It hits so many people and is even more powerful glyphed and used while in Tree of Life.

4. What healing spell do you use least for your class and why? Healing Touch.  I'm getting better at clear casting procs, and the changes in 4.2 should definitely help, but it's such a long cast.  If someone needs heals that bad, they will probably be dead before I can finish casting it, unless Nature's Swiftness is ready.

5. What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why? The ability to manage mana, raid heal, and tank heal.  We are, in my humble opinion, one of the best all around healing classes.

6. What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why? We no longer have an "oh, sh*& the tank's dying" button, that one spell that fixes everything for that one player in dire need.

7. In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you?  Raid healing.

8. What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why? Priests, but paladins are a close second.  Any other healing class really.  They are all pretty competent as long as the player knows their class.

9. What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why? See my answer for question 8.

10. What is your worst habit as a healer? Not paying attention to clear casting procs.

11. What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing? DPS yelling for heals and battle resses.  I've been raiding for awhile, and I know my priorities.  If you aren't getting healed, it's because someone more crucial to the fight needs them more.  If you aren't getting a battle res, it's because the raid leader didn't ask for it yet. 

12. Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing? Yes.

13. What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?  I use Recount for some evaluation, raid success for the rest.  Each boss fight is different, so I try to keep that in mind and go more lenient on myself, haha!

14. What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?  I think people still tend to forget that battle resses are limited now, and that we aren't the only class to have them.  Just wait till they figure out they won't get many innervates from us since 4.2.  Talk about crap hitting the fan!

15. What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn? How to manage mana and resist blanketing the raid with rejuvenation.

16. If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)?  Overhealing.

17. Haste or Crit and why? Haste to 2005, when Wild Growth gets an extra tick.

18. What healing class do you feel you understand least? Shamans.

19. What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing? Vuhdo.  I also have  Nature's Swiftness and Healing Touch hot keyed to my middle mouse button for emergency heals, and my Tyrande's Favorite Doll macroe'd in several of my spells so I don't have to think to get the mana back.  It's also aggroed a boss or two....ooops!

20. Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why?  I need to work on haste.  I really need to strive for the 2005 breakpoint.  The extra tick on Wild Growth would be phenomenal.  Other than that, I usually follow Elitist Jerks guidelines when it comes to stats.

So, there ya go, Saunder.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thankee Kindly, Shannon :) - I have added your responses to my list of all the bloggers who have answered. Hope you enjoyed it and learnt from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy it! Made me miss raiding, too.

    ReplyDelete