Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to document my joys, frustrations, unique finds and general information pertaining to my experiences playing World of Warcraft.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Frostbitten Progress, Day 2

I got a little disappointed today.  I took Dianara out rare hunting for her Frostbitten achievement at 5pm server time, and made a complete circle of Northrend to absolutely no avail.  I started to get worried that maybe I jumped the gun in assuring you that I could complete this achievement in 5 days or less.

Now, I know that Northrend has been relatively empty since the Cataclysm™, and that is in part why this technique is so successful.  Apparently everyone got bored this week.  There were 5 people camping Vyragosa/TLPD spawn spots.  And those were just the alliance campers.

So, I did the only logical thing I could think of.  I raided on my druid, Hearthyn.

After the raid, I decided that I really want the Time-Lost Proto-Drake mount on Hearthyn, and not Dianara.  So, since Dianara already has the Stormpeaks rares needed for the achievement, I parked Hearthyn up at the end of Bor's Breath near Siffreldar Village, sat for about 1/2 an hour, then logged Dianara on.  I began hunting rares on Dianara, and each time I killed one, I would log back on Hearthyn and camp Bor's Breath for another 1/2 hour or so, flying around every 10 minutes to make sure I didn't miss a spawning of either Vyragosa or Time-Lost.  I also checked Skoll and Dirkee's spawn spots, just in case they spawned instead.  If they had, I was prepared to kill them in an effort to attempt to speed up Vyra's or TLPD's spawn rate.

This was my first kill of the night:




Whoa!  I already got that one!  But then my efforts started to pay off:




Sadly, once again, Vyragosa spawned instead of Time-Lost Proto-Drake:


After that kill, I found some more new ones for the achievement on Dianara:




So, in 2 nights of hunting, I think I've actually made really good progress.


I just may make it yet!  Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment