Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to document my joys, frustrations, unique finds and general information pertaining to my experiences playing World of Warcraft.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Don't Be a PITA

I have a problem.  Maybe I am just not very patient.  Maybe I am too controlling.  Maybe I am simply too old to keep playing this game full of youngsters.

But the new guild I am in, made up of some mains and alts from my old guild, has one person that for me, well, is a PITA--a Pain In The Ass.

Now, I try to get along with everyone.  And I recognize that there are a lot of kids playing WoW.  I try to take youth and inexperience into consideration.

It's the whining that drives me nuts.

I can't stand whiners.  I really have no patience for them.  I hate when people whine in-game about being broke, needing gold, flasks, food, etc.  Especially when I have offered solutions.

This kid--yes, he's just a teenager--has an excuse for everything, especially why he can't make gold and pay for repairs in the game.  He has an explanation for why he can't do dailies, farm, play the auction house, etc., etc. ad nauseam.  And I refuse to carry anyone.

Maybe I'm being too hard on him.  Maybe it's just a personality difference.

The problem is, I'm letting it suck out any enjoyment I get from playing the game.  I seriously dread logging on and seeing his whispers.  Or his comments in officer chat.

I just joined this guild.  I am an officer.  So is he.  I am an adult.  He is not.  I should be more patient.

I am finding it more and more difficult to deal with him.  And I don't know what to do.  I don't want to guild hop.  I don't want to transfer servers.

But I'm afraid I'm going to get nasty and say things I don't mean and will regret, simply because one person gets on my nerves.

I suppose I get on peoples nerves too.

I'm probably being a PITA.

I think I'll go play on another server for a day or two and sort it out.

I hope you don't let people suck your fun out of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment