Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to document my joys, frustrations, unique finds and general information pertaining to my experiences playing World of Warcraft.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Time-Lost Proto Drake FINALLY!

After spending 2 years wasting much of my free time camping Bor's Breath and flying around several other spots in Stormpeaks, I finally got the Time-Lost Proto Drake on Diralei, my death knight on Korgath. 

I would like to thank the rich resources at http://tlpdresource.com/ .  I truly believe the information provided at this site helped me finally bag this beauty.

For those of you who do NOT know by now, TLPD is a rare spawn from a rare spawn--Vyragosa--in Stormpeaks.  In other words, most of the time, Vyragosa spawns in the 4 spots the TLPD also spawns.  Every once in awhile, however, TLPD will spawn instead of Vyragosa.  Below is a picture of Vyragosa:



The Time-Lost Proto Drake has been highly sought after since Wrath first dropped for the mount it drops, and even with the new rare mounts Cata has brought, many people still hunt TLPD.  Many people still have never SEEN the drake.



It used to spawn rarely anywhere from 6 to 24 hours after Vyragosa was killed.  Since the Sundering, however, this timer has apparently changed, and TLPD can now spawn as early as one hour after a Vyragosa or even TLPD kill.  The catch is, after it spawns, it will only fly around for approximately 15 minutes before despawning.  That's right, it disappears.  No wonder many have never seen it!

If you have followed this blog for very long at all, you know I am a rare spawn addict.  I love finding, camping and killing rare spawns, especially those that drop mounts.  This has been a long hunt for me, although this is NOT my first Time-Lost kill.  Whoa! 

I actually have one of these mounts on my horde death knight on Drak'Thul.  She is my farm toon on that server, was level 77 at the time of the kill, was on her way questing, NOT camping, it was right after a vast server migration left Drak'Thul almost empty, and I frankly wanted to cry--of all the toons I did NOT want this drake on...

That kill only made my resolve to acquire the mount on one of my main characters even stronger.

Oh the hours I have wasted!  The days of my life I shall never get back, traded for several thousand pixels of gold and green flying beauty...




It was all worth it!

Now for Aeonaxx...

3 comments:

  1. Huh. I had always chocked up the despawning thing to myth and rumormill...

    Does this mean everything on the internet is true? O_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I just tend to believe the posts I've read cussing Blizzard out and whining because they found TLPD, and he disappeared either mid-fight or as they aggroed him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grats on the Mount! I've never seen it although I've seen Vyragosa several times both dead and alive.

    ReplyDelete