Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to document my joys, frustrations, unique finds and general information pertaining to my experiences playing World of Warcraft.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Cho'Gone



I am happy to report that the 10 man version of Cho'Gall is dead.  You can all rest easy tonight. (Yes, rest easy, wretched mongrels.)  Korgath is safe for the moment.  (Safe.  So much safer!)

At least in normal mode.

I have to say, it was bittersweet.  It was great finally seeing an end boss in Cataclysm.  However, it was during an ALT run--WHOA!  That's right, we did in an alt run what our 25 man main run hasn't been able to do yet.  Not only that, but our guild master wasn't there even though he was online for at least half, if not all, of the run.

He popped into vent to congratulate us and ask if anyone took a screenshot.  (Doh!  The above was taken by our raid leader tonight, not by me.)  I felt like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar.  And chocolate chips all over his mouth.

And cookie breath.

Let me clarify a couple of points though.  First, the alt run ended up being a main run--once we had caught up to where our 25 man had gotten to Wednesday night, we brought our mains in for the big finish.  (Thank you, Blizzard, and your new raid lockout system!)  And second, this was 10 man and probably much easier because of it.

I didn't stand in fire.  YAY!

I don't envy our raid leaders one bit.  To try to get 25 people to not stand in fire, all move left, not collect sound, get out of the purple rings-flame jets-pools, to switch dps to the boss with more health, bang the gongs, stand in the white circles, interrupt blast nova-arcane storm-release aberrants-etc-etc, and all of the myriads of other wonderful things they need to not do or do in order to raid successfully in Cata--it boggles my mind.  I led some alt raids in Ice Crown, and they don't quite compare to what goes on in the new raids.  Really, our leaders have my utmost respect, awe and gratitude.

So, congratulations, TNF!  We now have Cho'Gall on farm and can start learning heroic modes.

Now THAT kill I will screenshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment