Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to document my joys, frustrations, unique finds and general information pertaining to my experiences playing World of Warcraft.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Not So Funny Story

I start my comp today, and as soon as my account loads I get a message for a Java update.  So, since I need Java, I of course click yes to both windows that pop up.  Whoa!  Some random program (called AntiMalware) I've never seen before pops up and starts scanning.  I shut it down.  It pops a small window up that says "Windows Alerts", tells me my computer is infected, and that "the scan for the computer is ready now". 

OH MY GOD IT TALKS LIKE THE GOLD SELLERS IN STORMWIND! 

Three hours and at least 5 trojans later, I can use my computer again.

Apparently the hackers are taking advantage of vulnerabilities in Java's automatic updates.(?)  If you need to update Java, I suggest you go directly to their website HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment